We have added new merchandise to some of our stores, but first here's a recipe from one of the new cookbooks we've listed.
Ingredients: 7 cups Water 3 1/3 cups Sugar 1 ¾ cup Vodka
1/2# ground decaf Coffee Beans 1/8 cup Vanilla Extract Cheesecloth
• In 2 (two) Large Pots, Boil 3 ½ cups of the Water each over High Heat.
• While Water boils, Add the 3 1/3 cups Sugar to 1 (one) of the Pots. Turn Heat to other Pot to a Low Boil and Add the Coffee, Stirring Constantly.
• For Both Pots: Turn Heat down to Medium Low and Simmer for 20 minutes.
• Pour the Coffee into a Large Bowl through a Strainer Lined with Several Layers of Cheesecloth.
• Add the Sugar Mixture and Stir.
• Let Cool Completely.
• Add Vanilla and Vodka to Coffee Mixture.
• Pour into Sterile Bottles.
• Serve alone or over Ice and Milk.
This recipe makes 8 cups. It is found in the Windermere Cookbook, (which is listed at http://www.shortieskitchen.weebly.com), on page 34 in the Appetizers and Beverages section.
Also in the kitchen at weebly you will find new listings in the Childrens' Corner and also in Cookbooks, Windermere Cookbook, and the out of print
At http://www.goldenvintage.artfire.com we listed a set of Bar Soap by Avon in 1982, a lovely hammered brass trinket dish/tray, and a beautiful needlework piece suitable for framing.
At http://www.shortiesvintagetreasures.com today we listed new items in our Men's department among which is a 1940's wool Sailors Shirt.
For the ladies we have Three Piece Lew Magram Suit, Cotton Dress by J. Jill Ltd., Music Boxes and more.
We love old stuff and spend lots of time hunting here and there. It is our pleasure to share some of our finds with you.